Article by Mark Gregory:
Many thanks to all of you who took the time to wish me congratulations on our 5-year anniversary of the incorporation Unleash & Engage. It certainly has been a whirlwind journey, from sitting in my dining room wondering what my business future would hold to creating a multimillion pound business, with a gang of 40 plus consultants, doing some great work with blue chip companies and fantastic SME’s a like.
As I watched the messages of congratulations come my way recently, I thought some of you may be interested in reading my reflections on the last 5 years, so here they are:
5 Reflections on the Business Transformation Conundrum:
- Don’t try and change behaviour in isolation, it never works – belief is the foundation for success.
- Once belief exists transformation doesn’t take long, it’s just a matter of changing habits.
- Habit change doesn’t take long, but building habits does take intensity and frequency.
- Engagement is the route to sustainment – people protect what they build.
- Sustainment is the only true route to profit
5 Reflections on my Business Journey to date:
- I set out from day one to build a brand people love, not a business. There is a difference and my belief in what I was doing made me make some different choices and decisions.
- Cashflow is not ‘King’, it’s the full deck of cards.
- People buy people, so just be yourself.
- You can’t do good business with bad people, so don’t try. Don’t compromise your beliefs and values just to do business.
- There are no rules, business can be whatever you want it to be, it’s your choice